We can now confirm that after last year’s successful event, where we collectively raised an impressive £1753, Plod into Xmas will return for 2020 and you are invited to take part.
Once again raising money for the very worthy local charity Maggs, the challenge works as follows:
- Run or walk every day for the pre-Christmas Advent period
- Record your distance and at the end of the period, donate 5p per kilometre to the charity.
- The challenge will end on Christmas Eve.
- Follow updates and mini challenges to keep you motivated by joining the members only “Be Your Best” FB page, you can request access here – Be Your Best
- Collect your bling on completion of the challenge (new for 2020!)
- Steve Nicoll will keep everyone who registers up to date on their cumulative total. This will be self-monitored with no pressure to run/walk any set distance. The idea is to provide a little focus to our activities when the days get shorter and colder. The more you do, the more you help.
As a further incentive, the PPP Committee has agreed the club will match your fundraising up to a total maximum of £250. At 5p per km, this gives us a collective target of 5000 km. Let’s see if we can do this and at the same time bring some welcome cheer to those less fortunate than ourselves.
e.g. – This would (only!) need 50 participants to run/walk 100 km over the 24 days of Advent! We would love to beat the total that the 62 who entered last year (collectively 7871 km)
A Virgin Giving page has been set up for you to donate on completion of the challenge: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PershorePlumPlodders.
About the Charity:
- Maggs gives homeless people somewhere warm and dry to spend the day after sleeping rough.
- Their staff and volunteers prepare healthy, simple food for homeless people, including breakfast and lunch, currently for five days a week.
- They provide clean, dry clothes to homeless people who are in need of them.
To register, please email Steve Nicoll at email@example.com or via his FB messenger. All entries must be registered by Monday 30th November 2020. If you are a Strava user, please follow Steve Nicoll so he can track your distance. If you use other methods to track your distance, you can send Steve a daily email or FB Message to inform him of your distance covered.
Terms & Conditions
The challenge is open to PPP Members and their immediate families. Anyone who participates will receive a momento of their completion of the event. Note: there will be a small administration charge of £2 payable to the club for any non-members to cover costs. Any PPP members who run or walk at least 1k each day of the challenge will be entered into a draw to win a £50 Voucher with the Active Foot Co.
Updates and ongoing news will appear on Be Your Best Facebook page, and will be mentioned in the weekly PPP Plodland Blog. Good Luck!