Athletics clubs associated with England Athletics (UKA) can apply for club entries into the Virgin Money London Marathon. The number of entries allocated to each club, is based upon the number of “first” claim England Athletics members we have registered. It is likely (although not guaranteed) that we will get 1 single place based upon our number of EA affiliated members.
Given the Covid-19 pandemic this year and the deferral of the marathon in 2020, the Ballot entry process may not happen as per previous years. We will confirm once we receive further details.
To qualify for a club place*1 you must have met the following criteria at the time of the London Marathon 2021 public ballot (club ballot place will be drawn TBC):
- Been a fully paid up member of the Pershore Plum Plodders for at least 1 full membership year. (Annual membership runs from 1st April – 31st March)
- Be a fully renewed paid up member of both Pershore Plum Plodders Running Club and England Athletics by midnight on 30th April 2021
- Be an England Athletics first claim club for Pershore Plum Plodders (for those who run with more than one club)
Participated in races, including parkrun (wearing a club vest)
- Have not won the PPP ballot place in previous years
- Have entered and been rejected from the VMLM public ballot (letter or email of proof of rejection required) for 2021 (this is to be emailed to email@example.com).
- Are not eligible for a ‘Good For Age’ entry, which can be guaranteed directly with the VLM organisers
- Be an active participant in the club and contribute in some way to the running of the club (e.g. helping the committee, volunteering at our PPP 10k race, helping out with beginners, regularly attending sessions, supporting roles, race reports etc)
Members must also agree to the following in advance of winning a ballot place:
- Pay the VLM entry fee
- Continue to be an active participant in the club, especially the longer Sunday runs throughout the period leading up to race day
- Write a short news article once after the marathon race
- Wear a Pershore Plum Plodders vest with pride on the London Marathon race day!!!
PERSHORE PLUM PLODDERS CLUB BALLOT ENTRY FOR VMLM 2020 was won by Helen Carlisle.
You will receive an accepted or rejected magazine via the post or an e-zine email in 2021 to confirm whether you have been successful or not in the public ballot, so keep your letter and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by TBC.
Our 2020 ballot winner is Helen Carlisle
Congratulations to our previous winners:
Steve Potter – 2019
Ian Hannis – 2018
Joy Salt – 2017
Suzanne Price – 2016
*1 – Subject to the club being allocated a London Marathon ballot place based on EA club membership numbers